Truly Honored

I am so very honored to have been nominated for not only one but two blog awards! I'm fairly new but in a short amount of time I've met so many other bloggers and have connected with so many of you! You are wonderful!

Thank you to Residency Widow at Diary of a Residency Widow for awarding me with the Versatile Blogger!



Thank you to Summastarlet at Just Us . . . For Now. for awarding me with the Stylish Blogger!

Here is how this works:

1.  Winners grab the image and put it in your blog.

2.  Link back to the person who gave you it.

3.  Tell 10 things about yourself

4.  Award 5 bloggers.

5.  Contact the bloggers you have awarded to let them know they have won.

Ten Things About Me . . .

1.  I'm a mutant! Not really . . . but my husband thinks I am. I have this strange birth mark that runs across the back of one of my legs up to my back. It changes colors based on my emotions. It's barely noticeable and the color change is significant enough to notice but nothing outrageous. It basically goes from fair to dark pink or even a light purple-like bruise color. My parents were worried when I was younger so they took me to the doctor and found out what it was. I can't remember what its called but it has something to do with how my blood cells developed as an embryo! Go figure. So if I'm cold it changes color, if I'm angry, nervous or mad it changes color. So I literally cannot hide my emotions.

2.  I have OCD'ish tendencies. My biggest one is that I always have to sit on the right side (once you're sitting) of a plane near the back between the wing and the back which is usually row 21 on Southwest :-) I used to fly back and forth a lot when I was in college and always sat back there because I could get the best views on that side and if the flight wasn't full it was a good chance I could keep the whole row to myself. Well one time I decided to change it up and sat in the first row! The just happened to be the time that my flight had mechanical problems and after being on board for an hour with no AC we had to deplane and find another flight. Never again! I always stick to my usual seat now.

3.  I've never broken a bone. I don't think I want to know what it feels like either. When I was younger I thought casts were so cool and wanted one so bad, but I never got that lucky :-)

4.  I've never had the chicken pox - I don't think I've met another person who didn't get them. I still don't know why I didn't I guess I got lucky in some things.

5. I always have to sleep on the side of the bed that's furthest away from the door. Another OCD tendency. I feel that if someone is breaking in they'll get to the hubby first, he can attack and that gives me more time to run! I know . . . dumb but that's just the kind of crap I think about.

6.  My favorite snack when I was a teenager was orange juice and cheez-its. Everyday after school guaranteed. I don't know how I survived on that diet.

7.  I have met, have an autograph and a picture with the most decorated American Winter Olympic athlete of all time. Yes, I have met Apolo Anton Ohno and yes I have a minor crush!

8.  When I was a little girl I started to dig a hole to China truly believing I would one day get there.

9.  I have a sister who is eleven years younger than me, far apart in age but we're very close. I got to a certain point when I thought I would be an only child. She was a surprise for my parents and the whole family but the best thing that ever happened to me.

10.  I like to teach myself to do things. This winter I taught myself how to knit via You Tube. Sometime this year I'd like to buy a sewing machine and learn how to sew and makes things. My first project will be curtains. Such an old fashioned skill but one I think is so valuable to have.

I nominate the following ladies . . .


1. Lavonne at *Our Wish*
2. ADSchill at MissConception
3. On Standby at Delayed in Dinkville
4. M at Wishing and Hoping and Thinking and Praying
5. Tippy at Tippy and Tidy's Tumultuous Trip to Toddlers
Category: 4 comments

4 comments:

M said...

#5, LOL! I sleep farthest from the door for the same reason! Thanks for nominating me for the award!

Residency Widow said...

Lol Cyndi you are way too observant. I can think of only 2 places where my "real" name is on my blog. Or maybe I'm not as sneaky as I thought and the joke is really on me thinking I'm all anonymous. ;)

Cyndi said...

Oh my gosh i am so sorry! Now that you mention it it took me a while to see where i got it from. Just so you know on my dash on the list of blogs i follow and the latest entries it says posted by . . . . :-)

Small edit :-)

Residency Widow said...

Haha totally not a big deal. I know it's going to pop up occassionally, I just try to minimize it. And thanks for the head's up. I completely forgot it put that in the dashboard even though I removed the "posted by" on my blog. Guess I'm really not as sneaky as I thought. :P Oh well at least it's really common.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...